Tuesday 8th of August 2017 / 15th Dhul-Qiʾdah 1438,Masjid ʿAbdul-ʿAzīz ibn Bāz, East London
Shaykh Khālid al-Dhafīrī (حَفِظَهُ الله) mentioned eight obstacles that hinder one from seeking knowledge:
- Seeking knowledge for other than Allāh. (Absentness of sincerity)
- Abandoning actions. (Not acting upon one’s knowledge)
- Having reliance upon books rather than the scholars.
- Acquiring knowledge from the ungrounded youth and people of innovation.*
- Not advancing progressively whilst seeking knowledge.
- Having arrogance and haughtiness.
- Lack of patience.
- Low determination and eagerness.
*Revised by my elder noble brother: Aways al-Ṭawīl
Translated by Abū Ṭalḥah Ṭāhir ibn Nasīm